A CNA training program acts as a stepping stone in the nursing career and one can start working and earning and work their way up to a more advanced level in nursing. CNA to LPN bridge programs are advanced academic arrangements designed to help CNA’s who want to attain the LPN degree. CNA’s aim to attain the LPN degree since it comes with better earnings and responsibilities.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Local Nursing Programs
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN in Nursing Education
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Nursing Field
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future
- Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
To become a licensed CNA, one needs to have undertaken a course study which lasts 6 to 24 weeks at a private vocational school or community college. A certified CNA often works in nursing care facilities, but can also work in surgical or medical departments within hospitals, privately owned physician offices and facilities that provide home care. The major duties of a CNA are to help patients with their day to day living activities such as bathing, feeding, walking, grooming etc. A CNA can also monitor a patient’s symptoms and help in administration of drugs.
Both CNA and LPN can work under a physician or a licensed registered nurse but LPN’s are typically given more responsibilities and their salaries are higher than a CNA. To become an LPN one needs to undertake a one year course while CNA can find work with just a high school diploma. LPN’s can also supervise a CNA’s work.
What Is A CNA to LPN Bridge?
The program works by using the credit units that a CNA earned previously while training to become a CNA by transferring part of the units to the LPN program. The bridge program is offered with the aim of shortening the duration that a CNA would require to attain the LPN degree.
To meet the qualifications of a CNA to LPN bridge programs, one is required to meet some requirements though they may vary from one school to another.
Requirements for Admission
- One has to be 18 years and above
- CNA license that is current and active. One needs to have experience working as a CNA in a medical facility
- One must have a GPA of above 2.0 overall from the training program and grades for each program must be above C
- A certificate of completion. One must be able to produce a CNA diploma certificate to prove the completion of training
- A letter of recommendation from supervisors or instructors.
The course takes one year to complete and is divided into theory where students learn inside the campus and practical where students are sent out for assignments in various medical facilities.
The CNA to LPN Bridge programs are also available online for those who want to do the course over the internet. This is especially beneficial for those who are working full time and need class time outside of traditional classroom hours.
Various skills and procedures are taught which include types of injections, learning how to insert IV tubes into patients, Monitoring patient’s critical signs, documentation of patient’s condition, sterilization of wounds, and nurse ethics among others. When choosing a bridge program it’s good to ensure the college meets the required accreditation for training nurses.
The CNA to LPN bridge program is a good option if one wants to shorten the duration of training to become an LPN at a reduced cost. Becoming an LPN will make one earn more and while leading to an increase in responsibilities.