A CNA training program acts as a stepping stone in the nursing career and one can start working and earning and work their way up to a more advanced level in nursing. CNA to LPN bridge programs are advanced academic arrangements designed to help CNA’s who want to attain the LPN degree. CNA’s aim to attain the LPN degree since it comes with better earnings and responsibilities.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Local Nursing Programs
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
To become a licensed CNA, one needs to have undertaken a course study which lasts 6 to 24 weeks at a private vocational school or community college. A certified CNA often works in nursing care facilities, but can also work in surgical or medical departments within hospitals, privately owned physician offices and facilities that provide home care. The major duties of a CNA are to help patients with their day to day living activities such as bathing, feeding, walking, grooming etc. A CNA can also monitor a patient’s symptoms and help in administration of drugs.
Both CNA and LPN can work under a physician or a licensed registered nurse but LPN’s are typically given more responsibilities and their salaries are higher than a CNA. To become an LPN one needs to undertake a one year course while CNA can find work with just a high school diploma. LPN’s can also supervise a CNA’s work.
What Is A CNA to LPN Bridge?
The program works by using the credit units that a CNA earned previously while training to become a CNA by transferring part of the units to the LPN program. The bridge program is offered with the aim of shortening the duration that a CNA would require to attain the LPN degree.
To meet the qualifications of a CNA to LPN bridge programs, one is required to meet some requirements though they may vary from one school to another.
Requirements for Admission
- One has to be 18 years and above
- CNA license that is current and active. One needs to have experience working as a CNA in a medical facility
- One must have a GPA of above 2.0 overall from the training program and grades for each program must be above C
- A certificate of completion. One must be able to produce a CNA diploma certificate to prove the completion of training
- A letter of recommendation from supervisors or instructors.
The course takes one year to complete and is divided into theory where students learn inside the campus and practical where students are sent out for assignments in various medical facilities.
The CNA to LPN Bridge programs are also available online for those who want to do the course over the internet. This is especially beneficial for those who are working full time and need class time outside of traditional classroom hours.
Various skills and procedures are taught which include types of injections, learning how to insert IV tubes into patients, Monitoring patient’s critical signs, documentation of patient’s condition, sterilization of wounds, and nurse ethics among others. When choosing a bridge program it’s good to ensure the college meets the required accreditation for training nurses.
The CNA to LPN bridge program is a good option if one wants to shorten the duration of training to become an LPN at a reduced cost. Becoming an LPN will make one earn more and while leading to an increase in responsibilities.