A CNA training program acts as a stepping stone in the nursing career and one can start working and earning and work their way up to a more advanced level in nursing. CNA to LPN bridge programs are advanced academic arrangements designed to help CNA’s who want to attain the LPN degree. CNA’s aim to attain the LPN degree since it comes with better earnings and responsibilities.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Local Nursing Programs
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Earn a 100% Online Masters Degrees at ACU
- Take Your Professional Career To The Next Level With An Online Graduate Degree
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- D.N.P. - Executive Nursing Leadership
- D.N.P. - Advanced Practice Nurse
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
To become a licensed CNA, one needs to have undertaken a course study which lasts 6 to 24 weeks at a private vocational school or community college. A certified CNA often works in nursing care facilities, but can also work in surgical or medical departments within hospitals, privately owned physician offices and facilities that provide home care. The major duties of a CNA are to help patients with their day to day living activities such as bathing, feeding, walking, grooming etc. A CNA can also monitor a patient’s symptoms and help in administration of drugs.
Both CNA and LPN can work under a physician or a licensed registered nurse but LPN’s are typically given more responsibilities and their salaries are higher than a CNA. To become an LPN one needs to undertake a one year course while CNA can find work with just a high school diploma. LPN’s can also supervise a CNA’s work.
What Is A CNA to LPN Bridge?
The program works by using the credit units that a CNA earned previously while training to become a CNA by transferring part of the units to the LPN program. The bridge program is offered with the aim of shortening the duration that a CNA would require to attain the LPN degree.
To meet the qualifications of a CNA to LPN bridge programs, one is required to meet some requirements though they may vary from one school to another.
Requirements for Admission
- One has to be 18 years and above
- CNA license that is current and active. One needs to have experience working as a CNA in a medical facility
- One must have a GPA of above 2.0 overall from the training program and grades for each program must be above C
- A certificate of completion. One must be able to produce a CNA diploma certificate to prove the completion of training
- A letter of recommendation from supervisors or instructors.
The course takes one year to complete and is divided into theory where students learn inside the campus and practical where students are sent out for assignments in various medical facilities.
The CNA to LPN Bridge programs are also available online for those who want to do the course over the internet. This is especially beneficial for those who are working full time and need class time outside of traditional classroom hours.
Various skills and procedures are taught which include types of injections, learning how to insert IV tubes into patients, Monitoring patient’s critical signs, documentation of patient’s condition, sterilization of wounds, and nurse ethics among others. When choosing a bridge program it’s good to ensure the college meets the required accreditation for training nurses.
The CNA to LPN bridge program is a good option if one wants to shorten the duration of training to become an LPN at a reduced cost. Becoming an LPN will make one earn more and while leading to an increase in responsibilities.