Why should you look for LPN to RN bridge programs? According to statistics from the Bureau of Labor, the Nursing field offers the highest number of opportunities in the health care industry. The current shortage of nurses is continuously increasing and by 2016, it is estimated that the shortage will reach an astounding 800,000 nurses!
Nursing is therefore one of the most guaranteed jobs today and there are various bridge to RN programs that give people a chance to become registered nurses. These include the LPN to RN bridge and paramedic to RN Bridge.
Local LPN to RN Bridge Programs
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
LPN to RN bridge programs enable licensed practicing nurses to be registered nurses.
Benefits of the Program
Bridge programs give licensed practicing nurses an opportunity to become registered nurses. With the better wages and increased benefits that registered nurses enjoy, the bridging program will give LPN’s an opportunity to improve the quality of their lives.
Accessibility- There has been an increase in the number of LPN to RN programs being offered today. Most universities and colleges now offer both nontraditional and traditional nursing programs which allow nurses to easily obtain LPN to RN.
Increase in the number of nurses. The health industry will also benefit by the increase in the number of qualified registered nurses.
Where the Bridging Programs Are Offered
Due to increasing demand, most universities and colleges today are offering LPN to RN programs both online and in traditional classes.
The online courses are easy to access and offer students lots of flexibility; once students apply for the online courses, they are given all the relevant resources that they require to undertake the course. The student then has the freedom to choose when and where to study, giving them enough time to concentrate on other family and work related obligations.
The internet provides numerous benefits especially in the areas of access, affordability, ease and versatility.
Traditional courses are only offered in physical places such as classes and study halls. Accessibility is limited as schools admit only a limited number of students once or twice a year. Universities and colleges use a points system that requires students to meet a certain level of requirements before they can be admitted into their classes.
Students in traditional LPN to RN bridge programs however enjoy a structured atmosphere that involves accessibility to on site courses and face to face interaction with instructors.
So how do you determine the best bridge program that meets your specific needs?
There are certain factors that you need to consider before making this decision. If you are a visual learner who needs the support and motivation that students and instructors provide, then the traditional LPN to RN program is best for you.
On the other hand, of you are a self motivated individual who is capable of studying without support, then the online LPN to RN is more suitable.
The impact of online programs in the provision of quality long distance nursing courses cannot be undermined. Studies show that students who undertook online nursing programs showed better if not equal performance compared to students in traditional programs, Thiele (2003) reports that online students become more self-disciplined and independent learners than traditional students.
There are numerous online RN bridge programs being offered today. The most important need you need to consider before undertaking a program is whether it is being offered by an accredited institution.
Do a comprehensive research on the institution and verify with local and federal institutions to confirm whether LPN to RN bridge programs you are interested in is a nursing program nationally recognized.