Why should you look for LPN to RN bridge programs? According to statistics from the Bureau of Labor, the Nursing field offers the highest number of opportunities in the health care industry. The current shortage of nurses is continuously increasing and by 2016, it is estimated that the shortage will reach an astounding 800,000 nurses!
Nursing is therefore one of the most guaranteed jobs today and there are various bridge to RN programs that give people a chance to become registered nurses. These include the LPN to RN bridge and paramedic to RN Bridge.
Local LPN to RN Bridge Programs
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- And more...
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
LPN to RN bridge programs enable licensed practicing nurses to be registered nurses.
Benefits of the Program
Bridge programs give licensed practicing nurses an opportunity to become registered nurses. With the better wages and increased benefits that registered nurses enjoy, the bridging program will give LPN’s an opportunity to improve the quality of their lives.
Accessibility- There has been an increase in the number of LPN to RN programs being offered today. Most universities and colleges now offer both nontraditional and traditional nursing programs which allow nurses to easily obtain LPN to RN.
Increase in the number of nurses. The health industry will also benefit by the increase in the number of qualified registered nurses.
Where the Bridging Programs Are Offered
Due to increasing demand, most universities and colleges today are offering LPN to RN programs both online and in traditional classes.
The online courses are easy to access and offer students lots of flexibility; once students apply for the online courses, they are given all the relevant resources that they require to undertake the course. The student then has the freedom to choose when and where to study, giving them enough time to concentrate on other family and work related obligations.
The internet provides numerous benefits especially in the areas of access, affordability, ease and versatility.
Traditional courses are only offered in physical places such as classes and study halls. Accessibility is limited as schools admit only a limited number of students once or twice a year. Universities and colleges use a points system that requires students to meet a certain level of requirements before they can be admitted into their classes.
Students in traditional LPN to RN bridge programs however enjoy a structured atmosphere that involves accessibility to on site courses and face to face interaction with instructors.
So how do you determine the best bridge program that meets your specific needs?
There are certain factors that you need to consider before making this decision. If you are a visual learner who needs the support and motivation that students and instructors provide, then the traditional LPN to RN program is best for you.
On the other hand, of you are a self motivated individual who is capable of studying without support, then the online LPN to RN is more suitable.
The impact of online programs in the provision of quality long distance nursing courses cannot be undermined. Studies show that students who undertook online nursing programs showed better if not equal performance compared to students in traditional programs, Thiele (2003) reports that online students become more self-disciplined and independent learners than traditional students.
There are numerous online RN bridge programs being offered today. The most important need you need to consider before undertaking a program is whether it is being offered by an accredited institution.
Do a comprehensive research on the institution and verify with local and federal institutions to confirm whether LPN to RN bridge programs you are interested in is a nursing program nationally recognized.