Are you a Nurse practitioner looking to advance your career? If so, you will want to consider one of the many available NP to MD bridge programs, and eliminate years off your study time.
Use the convenient search tool below to locate the best nursing bridge program for you. Alternatively, browse a few additional categories to find even more degree options at a wider variety of schools – both online and offine.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Search For NP to MD Degree Options
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Local & Online Nursing Programs
- Encompasses the Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England brands.
- Lincoln schools made more than $15 million available nationally through scholarships to qualified students in 2015.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media; offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- First Lincoln Tech campus opened in 1946; now 30 campuses in 15 states across the United States.
- Campuses are accredited by the ACICS, ACCSC, ABHES, and NEASC
- Nursing Assistant
- Nursing (Practical)
- Medical Assistant Technology
- And more...
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AAS in Clinical Medical Assisting
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- And more...
Get in, get out, get ahead with Southern Technical College!
At Southern Technical College, our career training programs are designed to help you reach your career goals ? whatever they may be! Southern Technical College is the right place for students who want quality career training in the growing fields of Allied Health, Business, Design, Education, Information Technology, Legal Studies, Nursing and Technical Trades.
- A.S. - Nursing
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associates)
- And more...
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Practical Nursing-(AOS) [LPN]
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
Are you looking for quality nursing schools in Florida? Consider Medtech Institute. Our campus in Orlando, Florida, offers programs that can help you train to be a medical assistant, medical billing and coding specialist, or study practical nursing in a supportive educational environment.
- Practical Nursing
- Registered Nursing - AAS
- Medical Assistant - Diploma
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Traditional)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- And more...
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Practical Nursing
- Vocational Nursing
- Nurse Aide
- And more...
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
Nurse Practitioner Duties
Some of the duties that they perform include writing prescription medications, discussing the patient’s medical history, ordering lab test and performing physical examinations. They can also help a physician with examining and treating walk-in patients and those who call in for an appointment. In fact, the state allows these professionals to perform a wide range of additional duties, specifically when it is compared to the registered nurse.
In some cases, people in these positions want to extend their duties by pursuing a career as medical doctor. To become a medical doctor, each nurse practitioner will have to go back to school to complete an accredited program. When this occurs, they may want to find an accelerated program to accomplish their goals, specifically if they have years of experience in the nurse practitioner position. Finding these positions is not always easy because they are limited in number. The NP to MD bridge programs is one that many nurse practitioners may want to look into.
NP to MD Bridge Programs
NP to MD bridge programs are great for those who have a family at home because they are designed with family in mind. To keep it simple, the student will not have to attend a college out of town. Instead, they can remain in their current location, while they complete their first two years of the program. This program is also designed to accommodate the nurse practitioner’s present scheduling because most of these professionals can work a full or a part-time job. The amount of time worked is based on the hospital or clinic and the person’s personal preferences. Another benefit to this type of program is being exempt from MCAT, since work experience plays a crucial part in the learning process and entrance requirements.
The requirements for the program are common to all. Therefore, it is essential for the potential student to have a bachelor’s degree and higher from an accredited institution. As a general rule, acceptance in these types of programs will also dictate the GPA requirements that must be met. Which means, the student should possess a 3.0 GPA or better if they want to secure a seat in the program.
One of the major benefits to this type of program is it allows the individual to use the physician experience that they have gained over time. Students will also have an opportunity to prepare for full-time responsibilities by participating in hospital and clinical based rotation schedules. Another benefit of the NP to MD bridge program is each individual can start the program when it fits into their schedule. In some programs, the Nurse practitioner can start the program in January or they may choose to start in August.