Are you a Nurse practitioner looking to advance your career? If so, you will want to consider one of the many available NP to MD bridge programs, and eliminate years off your study time.
Use the convenient search tool below to locate the best nursing bridge program for you. Alternatively, browse a few additional categories to find even more degree options at a wider variety of schools – both online and offine.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Search For NP to MD Degree Options
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Local & Online Nursing Programs
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care
- Master of Science - DNP Family Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Certificate
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to BSN
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
Nurse Practitioner Duties
Some of the duties that they perform include writing prescription medications, discussing the patient’s medical history, ordering lab test and performing physical examinations. They can also help a physician with examining and treating walk-in patients and those who call in for an appointment. In fact, the state allows these professionals to perform a wide range of additional duties, specifically when it is compared to the registered nurse.
In some cases, people in these positions want to extend their duties by pursuing a career as medical doctor. To become a medical doctor, each nurse practitioner will have to go back to school to complete an accredited program. When this occurs, they may want to find an accelerated program to accomplish their goals, specifically if they have years of experience in the nurse practitioner position. Finding these positions is not always easy because they are limited in number. The NP to MD bridge programs is one that many nurse practitioners may want to look into.
NP to MD Bridge Programs
NP to MD bridge programs are great for those who have a family at home because they are designed with family in mind. To keep it simple, the student will not have to attend a college out of town. Instead, they can remain in their current location, while they complete their first two years of the program. This program is also designed to accommodate the nurse practitioner’s present scheduling because most of these professionals can work a full or a part-time job. The amount of time worked is based on the hospital or clinic and the person’s personal preferences. Another benefit to this type of program is being exempt from MCAT, since work experience plays a crucial part in the learning process and entrance requirements.
The requirements for the program are common to all. Therefore, it is essential for the potential student to have a bachelor’s degree and higher from an accredited institution. As a general rule, acceptance in these types of programs will also dictate the GPA requirements that must be met. Which means, the student should possess a 3.0 GPA or better if they want to secure a seat in the program.
One of the major benefits to this type of program is it allows the individual to use the physician experience that they have gained over time. Students will also have an opportunity to prepare for full-time responsibilities by participating in hospital and clinical based rotation schedules. Another benefit of the NP to MD bridge program is each individual can start the program when it fits into their schedule. In some programs, the Nurse practitioner can start the program in January or they may choose to start in August.