Are you a Nurse practitioner looking to advance your career? If so, you will want to consider one of the many available NP to MD bridge programs, and eliminate years off your study time.
Use the convenient search tool below to locate the best nursing bridge program for you. Alternatively, browse a few additional categories to find even more degree options at a wider variety of schools – both online and offine.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Search For NP to MD Degree Options
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Local & Online Nursing Programs
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
Nurse Practitioner Duties
Some of the duties that they perform include writing prescription medications, discussing the patient’s medical history, ordering lab test and performing physical examinations. They can also help a physician with examining and treating walk-in patients and those who call in for an appointment. In fact, the state allows these professionals to perform a wide range of additional duties, specifically when it is compared to the registered nurse.
In some cases, people in these positions want to extend their duties by pursuing a career as medical doctor. To become a medical doctor, each nurse practitioner will have to go back to school to complete an accredited program. When this occurs, they may want to find an accelerated program to accomplish their goals, specifically if they have years of experience in the nurse practitioner position. Finding these positions is not always easy because they are limited in number. The NP to MD bridge programs is one that many nurse practitioners may want to look into.
NP to MD Bridge Programs
NP to MD bridge programs are great for those who have a family at home because they are designed with family in mind. To keep it simple, the student will not have to attend a college out of town. Instead, they can remain in their current location, while they complete their first two years of the program. This program is also designed to accommodate the nurse practitioner’s present scheduling because most of these professionals can work a full or a part-time job. The amount of time worked is based on the hospital or clinic and the person’s personal preferences. Another benefit to this type of program is being exempt from MCAT, since work experience plays a crucial part in the learning process and entrance requirements.
The requirements for the program are common to all. Therefore, it is essential for the potential student to have a bachelor’s degree and higher from an accredited institution. As a general rule, acceptance in these types of programs will also dictate the GPA requirements that must be met. Which means, the student should possess a 3.0 GPA or better if they want to secure a seat in the program.
One of the major benefits to this type of program is it allows the individual to use the physician experience that they have gained over time. Students will also have an opportunity to prepare for full-time responsibilities by participating in hospital and clinical based rotation schedules. Another benefit of the NP to MD bridge program is each individual can start the program when it fits into their schedule. In some programs, the Nurse practitioner can start the program in January or they may choose to start in August.