Are you a Nurse practitioner looking to advance your career? If so, you will want to consider one of the many available NP to MD bridge programs, and eliminate years off your study time.
Use the convenient search tool below to locate the best nursing bridge program for you. Alternatively, browse a few additional categories to find even more degree options at a wider variety of schools – both online and offine.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Search For NP to MD Degree Options
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Local & Online Nursing Programs
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- And more...
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner Specialization (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- And more...
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
At Denver College of Nursing, we believe good nurses are the future of quality healthcare. That’s why we strive to achieve excellence in healthcare education every day. We know our students can make a difference in others’ lives while in school by participating in SNA, community service, service –learning and GHP, as well as after graduation—and for years to come.
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
Nurse Practitioner Duties
Some of the duties that they perform include writing prescription medications, discussing the patient’s medical history, ordering lab test and performing physical examinations. They can also help a physician with examining and treating walk-in patients and those who call in for an appointment. In fact, the state allows these professionals to perform a wide range of additional duties, specifically when it is compared to the registered nurse.
In some cases, people in these positions want to extend their duties by pursuing a career as medical doctor. To become a medical doctor, each nurse practitioner will have to go back to school to complete an accredited program. When this occurs, they may want to find an accelerated program to accomplish their goals, specifically if they have years of experience in the nurse practitioner position. Finding these positions is not always easy because they are limited in number. The NP to MD bridge programs is one that many nurse practitioners may want to look into.
NP to MD Bridge Programs
NP to MD bridge programs are great for those who have a family at home because they are designed with family in mind. To keep it simple, the student will not have to attend a college out of town. Instead, they can remain in their current location, while they complete their first two years of the program. This program is also designed to accommodate the nurse practitioner’s present scheduling because most of these professionals can work a full or a part-time job. The amount of time worked is based on the hospital or clinic and the person’s personal preferences. Another benefit to this type of program is being exempt from MCAT, since work experience plays a crucial part in the learning process and entrance requirements.
The requirements for the program are common to all. Therefore, it is essential for the potential student to have a bachelor’s degree and higher from an accredited institution. As a general rule, acceptance in these types of programs will also dictate the GPA requirements that must be met. Which means, the student should possess a 3.0 GPA or better if they want to secure a seat in the program.
One of the major benefits to this type of program is it allows the individual to use the physician experience that they have gained over time. Students will also have an opportunity to prepare for full-time responsibilities by participating in hospital and clinical based rotation schedules. Another benefit of the NP to MD bridge program is each individual can start the program when it fits into their schedule. In some programs, the Nurse practitioner can start the program in January or they may choose to start in August.