Is a paramedic to RN bridge program right for you? It most likely is! Here are a few good reasons why.
Transitioning to nursing from emergency medicine is a great way of advancing a paramedic’s career. With their experience in healthcare, paramedics already have a strong foundation to make a smooth transition. The demand for nursing services is expected to remain high and with it, more job opportunities.
Local RN Bridge Programs
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for Registered Nurses (RN) will grow by about 26 percent between 2010 and 2020. Overall, the bureau describes the job prospects for nurses as ‘excellent’ especially in hospitals. Nurses with bachelor’s degree qualifications and other advanced training will particularly have the best prospects. Paramedics can therefore significantly improve their job prospects and earning potential by enrolling into paramedic to RN bridge programs.
Becoming a Registered Nurse
Because of the paramedics’ background in emergency care, bridging programs to RN can take less than two years to complete. The programs award either a bachelor’s or an associate degree. If you are a registered paramedic considering becoming an RN, you can either enrol afresh into a traditional RN degree program or choose a paramedic to RN bridge program.
A bridging program offers the advantage of allowing you to fast track to RN because you may have covered some of the courses in the emergency care program. Normally, the paramedic to RN bridging programs take about 18 to 24 months to complete. Some institutions offer online programs as well.
Bridging programs to RN may vary in different institutions. However, they are all designed to develop the skills necessary for paramedics to work in a different area of practice and to apply their skills to nursing. Students are also prepared to sit the NCLEX-RN, which is the licensing examination for registered nurses.
To get admission into an RN bridging program, you need to be a registered Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or have an associate degree. Some programs may require you to have worked as a paramedic for at least one year. You will need to fulfill all the institution’s general entry requirements for undergraduate programs. These are often a high school diploma or GED and at least an average or minimum score in college entrance examinations. You may also need to take the HESI A2 examination. Prerequisites for admission to advanced placement or bridge program includes courses in anatomy and physiology, math, physics, microbiology and English composition among others.
Examinations and Licensing
Being an advance track program, a paramedic to RN bridge program can take about two years or less to complete. Courses that are offered in traditional nursing programs such as nursing practice, clinical rotations and patient care are included.
At the end of the bridge program, you will sit the national licensing examination, NCLEX-RN and become a registered nurse with RN credentials. It is always important to research a program before enrolling into it. You also need to know the standards and licensing requirements in your state and choose a program that is accredited. Once you start practicing as a registered nurse, you will still need to take specific hours of continuing education classes for license renewal.
Consider your career goals and choose a paramedic to RN bridge program that fits your goals, strengths and interests.