Is a paramedic to RN bridge program right for you? It most likely is! Here are a few good reasons why.
Transitioning to nursing from emergency medicine is a great way of advancing a paramedic’s career. With their experience in healthcare, paramedics already have a strong foundation to make a smooth transition. The demand for nursing services is expected to remain high and with it, more job opportunities.
Local RN Bridge Programs
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Earn a 100% Online Masters Degrees at ACU
- Take Your Professional Career To The Next Level With An Online Graduate Degree
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- D.N.P. - Executive Nursing Leadership
- D.N.P. - Advanced Practice Nurse
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for Registered Nurses (RN) will grow by about 26 percent between 2010 and 2020. Overall, the bureau describes the job prospects for nurses as ‘excellent’ especially in hospitals. Nurses with bachelor’s degree qualifications and other advanced training will particularly have the best prospects. Paramedics can therefore significantly improve their job prospects and earning potential by enrolling into paramedic to RN bridge programs.
Becoming a Registered Nurse
Because of the paramedics’ background in emergency care, bridging programs to RN can take less than two years to complete. The programs award either a bachelor’s or an associate degree. If you are a registered paramedic considering becoming an RN, you can either enrol afresh into a traditional RN degree program or choose a paramedic to RN bridge program.
A bridging program offers the advantage of allowing you to fast track to RN because you may have covered some of the courses in the emergency care program. Normally, the paramedic to RN bridging programs take about 18 to 24 months to complete. Some institutions offer online programs as well.
Bridging programs to RN may vary in different institutions. However, they are all designed to develop the skills necessary for paramedics to work in a different area of practice and to apply their skills to nursing. Students are also prepared to sit the NCLEX-RN, which is the licensing examination for registered nurses.
To get admission into an RN bridging program, you need to be a registered Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or have an associate degree. Some programs may require you to have worked as a paramedic for at least one year. You will need to fulfill all the institution’s general entry requirements for undergraduate programs. These are often a high school diploma or GED and at least an average or minimum score in college entrance examinations. You may also need to take the HESI A2 examination. Prerequisites for admission to advanced placement or bridge program includes courses in anatomy and physiology, math, physics, microbiology and English composition among others.
Examinations and Licensing
Being an advance track program, a paramedic to RN bridge program can take about two years or less to complete. Courses that are offered in traditional nursing programs such as nursing practice, clinical rotations and patient care are included.
At the end of the bridge program, you will sit the national licensing examination, NCLEX-RN and become a registered nurse with RN credentials. It is always important to research a program before enrolling into it. You also need to know the standards and licensing requirements in your state and choose a program that is accredited. Once you start practicing as a registered nurse, you will still need to take specific hours of continuing education classes for license renewal.
Consider your career goals and choose a paramedic to RN bridge program that fits your goals, strengths and interests.