If you have the desire to purse nursing as a career, you will require to have at least a nursing associate diploma or degree. However, if you already are a nurse at the associate level, you can go for a degree to advance your nursing career. RN to MSN bridge programs are available to help you achieve this goal at an accelerated pace.
RN to MSN Bridge Program Schools
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN in Nursing Education
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Nursing Field
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future
- Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
How The Bridge Program Works
These programs are designed for nurses at the associate level with nursing experience who want to gain their Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). To be able to qualify for the program, you need to have worked as a registered nurse for at least a year. In some cases, you may be required to submit an essay that explains your working experience. To take this bridge program, you will require 60 general education credits plus nursing work. You will also need to have completed courses in math, physical sciences, humanities as well as social sciences.
Once you meet the qualification criteria, you will have to take bachelor degrees bridge work credits; any number of credit hours between 15 and 25. During your bachelor’s work, you will need to maintain a GPA not below 2.5 or 3.0; this is the only way you will advance to the program’s master’s part.
Once you successfully complete your bridging program, you will advance to the master’s coursework. This part of the program will take up at least 2 years to complete. The master’s level starts with advanced courses in general like professional practice, health assessment, as well as community health. Most bridge programs will then require you to choose an area of specialization once the student completes the general classes. You can chose from a wide range of areas such as gerontology, acute care, women health, emergency care and eve midwifery among other areas.
Is an RN to MSN bridge program ideal for you?
Before you can decide on taking the programs, it is important to first determine whether the program really suits you. There are certain factors you can consider to determine this issue.
Do you have the experience?
It is important to ensure that you have the required nursing skills to advance in your career. You also need to clearly understand the difference between advanced nursing and regular nursing care.
Are you determined?
You need to know that these programs are demanding and very intensive. This is because they are crush programs and thus you will be required to cover the coursework in a short time frame and meet high levels of academic achievements.
What is your preferred area of specialty?
Most of these programs are meant to prepare nurses for career advancement; they are clinical degrees. It is important to have it clearly in you mind the area you would like to specialize in once you reach the master’s level.
Do you have the time?
Most of these bridge programs do not encourage working part time while taking the program. This is because the process can be too strenuous for you and you may not meet your academic targets. However, if you feel strongly that you can make time for class and work; you will need to work really hard to balance the two.
Once you determine what you want, you can now go ahead and enroll for an RN to MSN bridge program and be on your way to a rewarding career.