If you have the desire to purse nursing as a career, you will require to have at least a nursing associate diploma or degree. However, if you already are a nurse at the associate level, you can go for a degree to advance your nursing career. RN to MSN bridge programs are available to help you achieve this goal at an accelerated pace.
RN to MSN Bridge Program Schools
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- And more...
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania. We offer certificate and bachelor's and master's degree programs in a wide variety of fields that can be completed 100% online.
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
How The Bridge Program Works
These programs are designed for nurses at the associate level with nursing experience who want to gain their Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). To be able to qualify for the program, you need to have worked as a registered nurse for at least a year. In some cases, you may be required to submit an essay that explains your working experience. To take this bridge program, you will require 60 general education credits plus nursing work. You will also need to have completed courses in math, physical sciences, humanities as well as social sciences.
Once you meet the qualification criteria, you will have to take bachelor degrees bridge work credits; any number of credit hours between 15 and 25. During your bachelor’s work, you will need to maintain a GPA not below 2.5 or 3.0; this is the only way you will advance to the program’s master’s part.
Once you successfully complete your bridging program, you will advance to the master’s coursework. This part of the program will take up at least 2 years to complete. The master’s level starts with advanced courses in general like professional practice, health assessment, as well as community health. Most bridge programs will then require you to choose an area of specialization once the student completes the general classes. You can chose from a wide range of areas such as gerontology, acute care, women health, emergency care and eve midwifery among other areas.
Is an RN to MSN bridge program ideal for you?
Before you can decide on taking the programs, it is important to first determine whether the program really suits you. There are certain factors you can consider to determine this issue.
Do you have the experience?
It is important to ensure that you have the required nursing skills to advance in your career. You also need to clearly understand the difference between advanced nursing and regular nursing care.
Are you determined?
You need to know that these programs are demanding and very intensive. This is because they are crush programs and thus you will be required to cover the coursework in a short time frame and meet high levels of academic achievements.
What is your preferred area of specialty?
Most of these programs are meant to prepare nurses for career advancement; they are clinical degrees. It is important to have it clearly in you mind the area you would like to specialize in once you reach the master’s level.
Do you have the time?
Most of these bridge programs do not encourage working part time while taking the program. This is because the process can be too strenuous for you and you may not meet your academic targets. However, if you feel strongly that you can make time for class and work; you will need to work really hard to balance the two.
Once you determine what you want, you can now go ahead and enroll for an RN to MSN bridge program and be on your way to a rewarding career.