If you have the desire to purse nursing as a career, you will require to have at least a nursing associate diploma or degree. However, if you already are a nurse at the associate level, you can go for a degree to advance your nursing career. RN to MSN bridge programs are available to help you achieve this goal at an accelerated pace.
RN to MSN Bridge Program Schools
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
How The Bridge Program Works
These programs are designed for nurses at the associate level with nursing experience who want to gain their Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). To be able to qualify for the program, you need to have worked as a registered nurse for at least a year. In some cases, you may be required to submit an essay that explains your working experience. To take this bridge program, you will require 60 general education credits plus nursing work. You will also need to have completed courses in math, physical sciences, humanities as well as social sciences.
Once you meet the qualification criteria, you will have to take bachelor degrees bridge work credits; any number of credit hours between 15 and 25. During your bachelor’s work, you will need to maintain a GPA not below 2.5 or 3.0; this is the only way you will advance to the program’s master’s part.
Once you successfully complete your bridging program, you will advance to the master’s coursework. This part of the program will take up at least 2 years to complete. The master’s level starts with advanced courses in general like professional practice, health assessment, as well as community health. Most bridge programs will then require you to choose an area of specialization once the student completes the general classes. You can chose from a wide range of areas such as gerontology, acute care, women health, emergency care and eve midwifery among other areas.
Is an RN to MSN bridge program ideal for you?
Before you can decide on taking the programs, it is important to first determine whether the program really suits you. There are certain factors you can consider to determine this issue.
Do you have the experience?
It is important to ensure that you have the required nursing skills to advance in your career. You also need to clearly understand the difference between advanced nursing and regular nursing care.
Are you determined?
You need to know that these programs are demanding and very intensive. This is because they are crush programs and thus you will be required to cover the coursework in a short time frame and meet high levels of academic achievements.
What is your preferred area of specialty?
Most of these programs are meant to prepare nurses for career advancement; they are clinical degrees. It is important to have it clearly in you mind the area you would like to specialize in once you reach the master’s level.
Do you have the time?
Most of these bridge programs do not encourage working part time while taking the program. This is because the process can be too strenuous for you and you may not meet your academic targets. However, if you feel strongly that you can make time for class and work; you will need to work really hard to balance the two.
Once you determine what you want, you can now go ahead and enroll for an RN to MSN bridge program and be on your way to a rewarding career.