If you have the desire to purse nursing as a career, you will require to have at least a nursing associate diploma or degree. However, if you already are a nurse at the associate level, you can go for a degree to advance your nursing career. RN to MSN bridge programs are available to help you achieve this goal at an accelerated pace.
RN to MSN Bridge Program Schools
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
If you don’t see the exact program you are searching for above, consider searching in a different state, or by an alternate program/course name. Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online programs. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
How The Bridge Program Works
These programs are designed for nurses at the associate level with nursing experience who want to gain their Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). To be able to qualify for the program, you need to have worked as a registered nurse for at least a year. In some cases, you may be required to submit an essay that explains your working experience. To take this bridge program, you will require 60 general education credits plus nursing work. You will also need to have completed courses in math, physical sciences, humanities as well as social sciences.
Once you meet the qualification criteria, you will have to take bachelor degrees bridge work credits; any number of credit hours between 15 and 25. During your bachelor’s work, you will need to maintain a GPA not below 2.5 or 3.0; this is the only way you will advance to the program’s master’s part.
Once you successfully complete your bridging program, you will advance to the master’s coursework. This part of the program will take up at least 2 years to complete. The master’s level starts with advanced courses in general like professional practice, health assessment, as well as community health. Most bridge programs will then require you to choose an area of specialization once the student completes the general classes. You can chose from a wide range of areas such as gerontology, acute care, women health, emergency care and eve midwifery among other areas.
Is an RN to MSN bridge program ideal for you?
Before you can decide on taking the programs, it is important to first determine whether the program really suits you. There are certain factors you can consider to determine this issue.
Do you have the experience?
It is important to ensure that you have the required nursing skills to advance in your career. You also need to clearly understand the difference between advanced nursing and regular nursing care.
Are you determined?
You need to know that these programs are demanding and very intensive. This is because they are crush programs and thus you will be required to cover the coursework in a short time frame and meet high levels of academic achievements.
What is your preferred area of specialty?
Most of these programs are meant to prepare nurses for career advancement; they are clinical degrees. It is important to have it clearly in you mind the area you would like to specialize in once you reach the master’s level.
Do you have the time?
Most of these bridge programs do not encourage working part time while taking the program. This is because the process can be too strenuous for you and you may not meet your academic targets. However, if you feel strongly that you can make time for class and work; you will need to work really hard to balance the two.
Once you determine what you want, you can now go ahead and enroll for an RN to MSN bridge program and be on your way to a rewarding career.